Day 1 – 5/31/13

I woke up in the morning and had scrambled eggs, strawberries, and blueberries for breakfast. This will probably be my standard breakfast with little variation, other than the type of fruit, given that I am picky about eggs and like them no other way. I had picked up some produce at Whole Foods after arriving back from Boston the night before, but went to Trader Joe’s after breakfast to pick up the things I couldn’t find at Whole Foods. This is what things looked like just after that visit:

ImageI was pretty excited to get started after buying these things! For lunch, I had leftover vegetable beef soup I had made the night before with grass fed beef, lots of different veggies, and crushed tomatoes/water for the broth. Because I had to be at school for awhile, I had a handful of macademias and unsweetened coconut flakes for a snack later on, knowing I wanted to go for a run later.

I had not realized that I should not do strenuous exercise for the first week of this diet. It crossed my mind, but considering I hadn’t run in a week (due to being on vacation), I was itching to hit the pavement. It was a terrible idea. I felt weak throughout the run. I managed to run about 3.2 miles, but felt like I was going to pass out when I made it back upstairs. I had about 4 oz of coconut water and regular water to help myself recover. I started to feel better after that, though I was still feeling weak and not in the mood to cook dinner. I showered, and then felt that I had enough energy after that to at least do a little bit of cooking.

For dinner, I sauteed some chicken in olive oil with basil, garlic, and oregano. I also sauteed some green beans in olive oil with similar seasonings. Finally, I pureed some cauliflower with garlic, olive oil, and pepper to make some mashed cauliflower (thanks to nomnompaleo). It was a pretty decent dinner – a little bland, but good considering I was lazy and was considering just having the rest of the leftover soup for dinner (I was glad that I did not do this the next day, as you’ll read).


While the dinner was nice after an exhausting run, I was beginning to feel pretty darn bad. I had had a minor headache all day long, but it began pounding more and more as the night went on. Mark was out with a friend, so I ended up lying in my dark bedroom beginning around 10:30 (early for me). I couldn’t sleep, despite having taken ibuprofen, and I was starting to feel nauseous as well. I took some Zofran and was eventually able to fall asleep. I was already wondering what in the world I was thinking, but just hoped I would wake up and feel better the next morning…


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s